Given the exceptional circumstances produced by the coronavirus pandemic (SARS-CoV-2), our team has developed a protocol in order to make the visits save for both patients and professionals:
- Phone call before the visit where it is informed to postpone it if, during the previous 72 hours:
- You have been in close contact with a person who has been tested positive in coronavirus.
- You had symptoms compatible with the infection of coronavirus such as fever, headache, general malaise, sore throat and loss of taste and smell.
- You have been diagnosed of coronavirus infection.
- Before your visit:
- Remember that the use of mask is mandatory
- It is recommended to come alone without companion (only if it is necessary).
- At the clinic:
- Disinfection of the shoe soles
- Handwashing with hydroalcoholic solution
- Temperature measure
- Mouthwash with antiseptic solution
- All workers have available individual protection equipment (IPE).
- Once the patient leaves the clinic:
- Withdrawal of used material
- Cleaning of horizontal surfaces
- Ventilation of the dental box and use of ultraviolet light C to eliminate microdroplets
These measures will be adapted according to the recommendations of the Col·legi Oficial d’Odontòlegs i Estomatòlegs de Catalunya.
Thank you for your collaboration.